More suggestions for Kirchhoff EQ!

Foliasound

More suggestions for Kirchhoff EQ!

Postby Foliasound » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:13 am

Hello, TBTech, people!

First, huge congrats on your KirchhoffEQ, it's an amazing tool, surpassing all its rivals in may ways, I'm deeply impressed as an audio professional. Just a couple of suggestions that could help you to improve it even more in the future:

- 5.1 and Atmos support. It's an obvious must for film work (which I do every day), it's also getting more and more popular in the music world. I'll have to stick to A Very Popular EQ for now both for 5.1 and Atmos works;

- when boosting or cutting above the displayed dB limit, it would be cool if Your EQ zoomed out proportionally: i.e., starting with default +/- 12 dB grid, cutting a nasty resonant 1.2 kHz by 15 dB, KirchhoffEQ zooms out automatically to display +/- 18 dB range. This is what this Very Famous EQ does and I'm really used to it, it's cool, it's helpful;

- I'm using a 22" touch screen in front of me and I noticed that all the bottom incremental/decremental controls don't work when using touch gestures instead of a mouse - gain, slope, Q, dynamic parameters, nothing can be controlled this way; I believe that touch screens are getting more and more popular and it's good to take care of customers that chose to work with them;

- more of analog models is probably the matter of time for you, just giving you some extra ideas (which you probably already thought of): Manley MassivePassive (a mastering dream for many people: to have the tone of the original unit and the flexibility of a surgical EQ), Mäag EQ4, SPL PassEQ;

- creating auto curves to the sidechain/file reference would be amazing;

- the most amazing thing (at least for me) is creating well working, machine learning-based auto-eq functionalities, like Sonible SmartEQ3 does, which I completely and endlessly love when initially fixing problems/setting the basic tone of things.

The rest is insanely good, so keep up great work, greetings from Warsaw, Poland! :)
admin
Site Admin

Re: More suggestions for Kirchhoff EQ!

Postby admin » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:32 am

Thanks so much for your suggestions! They have been well noted.
We will consider about adding the features for our future updates.
Foliasound

Postby Foliasound » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:29 pm

admin wrote:Thanks so much for your suggestions! They have been well noted.
We will consider about adding the features for our future updates.

No problem! I also found a bug / a series of bugs when displaying slopes with dynamic functionalities on, take a look:

No matter how I set up the slope, it looks exactly like this, though the EQ seems to work as intended. Yet when switching the gain just a point of a decibel makes things almost normal again:

Almost, because the slope shape seems quite erratic and quantized in a weird way. Similar things happen for other filters in dynamic mode - bell and high shelf, also those analog modelled.

Hoping you can fix it soon!
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:28 am

Many thanks for the feedback! We reproduced the issue and have been working on fixing it.
Sorry for the bad experience. It should be solved in our next update which will come out very soon.
Foliasound

Postby Foliasound » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:08 pm

admin wrote:Many thanks for the feedback! We reproduced the issue and have been working on fixing it.
Sorry for the bad experience. It should be solved in our next update which will come out very soon.

Yummy, guys, thank you! I already showed your product to some people here in Poland and they are really, really liking it! Your responsiveness to customer feedback is great, thank you!
Foliasound

Postby Foliasound » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:08 pm

I just wanted to tell you that I finished mixing a movie with your Kirchhoff EQ instead of Pro-Q3 - more than 300 tracks, almost every single one inserted with Kirchhoff (and other stuff), same on groups. And I have to tell you that:

- this thing is superfst and efficient, faster that anything I've ever worked with,
- it's smooth, exceptionally good sounding,
- rock stable,
- shockingly light on CPU.

Guys, you really, really delivered. Please, think about adding 5.1/surround support and some details people sent you as suggestions and you'll be simply UNBEATABLE. I'm totally serious about it!
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:38 am

Foliasound wrote:I just wanted to tell you that I finished mixing a movie with your Kirchhoff EQ instead of Pro-Q3 - more than 300 tracks, almost every single one inserted with Kirchhoff (and other stuff), same on groups. And I have to tell you that:

- this thing is superfst and efficient, faster that anything I've ever worked with,
- it's smooth, exceptionally good sounding,
- rock stable,
- shockingly light on CPU.

Guys, you really, really delivered. Please, think about adding 5.1/surround support and some details people sent you as suggestions and you'll be simply UNBEATABLE. I'm totally serious about it!

Sooooo honored and encouraged to hear such praise from you!!!
We never stopped trying to make Kirchhoff-EQ even better. BIG update is on the way ;)
5.1 support is definitely something we'd seriously consider about.
Much appreciated for your support!!

Return to “Suggestions”