Heavier7Strings - I need help

MickeyPetra

Heavier7Strings - I need help

Postby MickeyPetra » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:48 pm

Right. So I am not sure if this is the right place for this, but basically I am struggling with getting the right tone from H7S. I can't find any tutorials or anything on the internet. I am trying to get a thrash metal guitar tone. At the same time I am rather confused with how one would use the effects and amps, included in the plugin, to make a distorted guitar tone. So far I have made a distortion guitar tone, but it only sounds any good when playing single notes. The moment I play a chord, OF ANY KIND (be it power chords or any other chord), The guitar sound gets even more distorted and REALLY fuzzy and muddy. When in a mix, one can barely, if at all, make out what the guitar is playing, when playing chords, the only thing that can be clearly heard is loud static :| . I want a distorted guitar sound, where one can actually hear the guitar sound clearly, without a fuzzy hiss deafening it. Have I set up my effects wrong? Well, at the moment I have a Screamer effect on top, then an AMP, Then Cabinets, followed by the EQ and a booster at the bottom. I have no experience with setting up guitars or effects and have no idea how to do this properly ( there is hardly anything on the internet about it). I have the full version of H7S, and am using GarageBand as my DAW. I have no idea where there is an appropriate place for asking questions about this, so that's why I am asking here. Help would be very much appreciated, Thank You.
jiandingzhe

Re: Heavier7Strings - I need help

Postby jiandingzhe » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:43 am

MickeyPetra wrote:Right. So I am not sure if this is the right place for this, but basically I am struggling with getting the right tone from H7S. I can't find any tutorials or anything on the internet. I am trying to get a thrash metal guitar tone. At the same time I am rather confused with how one would use the effects and amps, included in the plugin, to make a distorted guitar tone. So far I have made a distortion guitar tone, but it only sounds any good when playing single notes. The moment I play a chord, OF ANY KIND (be it power chords or any other chord), The guitar sound gets even more distorted and REALLY fuzzy and muddy. When in a mix, one can barely, if at all, make out what the guitar is playing, when playing chords, the only thing that can be clearly heard is loud static :| . I want a distorted guitar sound, where one can actually hear the guitar sound clearly, without a fuzzy hiss deafening it. Have I set up my effects wrong? Well, at the moment I have a Screamer effect on top, then an AMP, Then Cabinets, followed by the EQ and a booster at the bottom. I have no experience with setting up guitars or effects and have no idea how to do this properly ( there is hardly anything on the internet about it). I have the full version of H7S, and am using GarageBand as my DAW. I have no idea where there is an appropriate place for asking questions about this, so that's why I am asking here. Help would be very much appreciated, Thank You.

Hi Mickey:

We don't have many presets of ligher distortion. You could try the effect presets in groups "Clean" and "Overdriven".

If you want to make up your own effect rack, you could try these:
- AMP: reduce drive and powerdrive knobs.
- Use drivesound and superdrunk modules which are lighter.

Return to “Questions”