h7s double tracking questions

In Flames

h7s double tracking questions

Postby In Flames » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:13 pm

hi, in h7s manual I read this:

channels 1\2 are master output channels. When doubling is turned off, these two channels produce identical output; when doubling is turned on, guitar #1 is on channel 1, and guitar#2 is on channel 2.

channels 3\4 are exclusively for guitar#1. When doubling is off, the sound image is on center of this stereo channel pair; when doubling is on, the sound image of this guitar is on left.

channels 5\6 are exlusively for guitar#2. When doubling is off, both two channels have no output; when doubling is on, the sound image of this guitar is on right.

i don't understand: for channels 1\2 3\4 and 5\6 are you referring to the channels of the sequencer in use or what?

i use fl studio 12 as sequencer and the built-in amps of h7s (with some presets).

i have two rhythm parts that play not identical parts but almost the same notes! Is it good to pan one part with double tracking on the left and one, double tracked, on the right?

another problem I've found is that I can't achieve a good stereo image with your combined presets. It seems the overall sound is a bit reverbered and the stereo image not so deep like the one in commercial productions, maybe I'm doing something wrong with panning or double tracking?

thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: h7s double tracking questions

Postby admin » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:38 am

In Flames wrote:hi, in h7s manual I read this:

channels 1\2 are master output channels. When doubling is turned off, these two channels produce identical output; when doubling is turned on, guitar #1 is on channel 1, and guitar#2 is on channel 2.

channels 3\4 are exclusively for guitar#1. When doubling is off, the sound image is on center of this stereo channel pair; when doubling is on, the sound image of this guitar is on left.

channels 5\6 are exlusively for guitar#2. When doubling is off, both two channels have no output; when doubling is on, the sound image of this guitar is on right.

i don't understand: for channels 1\2 3\4 and 5\6 are you referring to the channels of the sequencer in use or what?

i use fl studio 12 as sequencer and the built-in amps of h7s (with some presets).

i have two rhythm parts that play not identical parts but almost the same notes! Is it good to pan one part with double tracking on the left and one, double tracked, on the right?

another problem I've found is that I can't achieve a good stereo image with your combined presets. It seems the overall sound is a bit reverbered and the stereo image not so deep like the one in commercial productions, maybe I'm doing something wrong with panning or double tracking?

thanks!

That is a good question. We've run a couple of tests but still need more time.
We'll keep studying on this and let you know the result as soon as we get some.

Best

Return to “Questions”