Heavier7Strings demo causes all instruments to be muted (FL Studio 20, macOS)

bad_vassal

Heavier7Strings demo causes all instruments to be muted (FL Studio 20, macOS)

Postby bad_vassal » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:24 pm

I really like the sound of the heavier7strings vst. I installed the demo, and it's causing me some weird issue I've never seen before. I'd be eternally grateful to anyone who can tell me how to fix this!

(FL Studio v20.9.2, Mac version)

I drag "Heavier7StringsVST" from the plugin database onto the channel rack. The VST initializes and opens a window with an image of a guitar and a bunch of options. If I click a string on the guitar, I hear the note play. So far, so good.

But the above action seems to break fl studio in general. All instruments are muted at this point. So, for example, if I press the play button to hear my song, or if I place notes in the piano roll, I don't hear anything. The only way I've found to recover from this is to restart FL studio. If I try adding the VST again, the same problem happens. If I save the project after adding the vst, then restart FL studio and load the project, this also causes the problem (that is to say, everything is muted).

I do hear the sound of the ocean every 20s or so (as this is just the demo). Maybe related?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered. I had a difficult time searching the forum.

Thanks!
bad_vassal

Re: Heavier7Strings demo causes all instruments to be muted (FL Studio 20, macOS)

Postby bad_vassal » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:08 am

Just following up in case it helps any future readers. This problem is solved. The issue was that I was dragging the VST from "effects" rather than "generators".

Return to “Questions”