Solo mode slopes are bad

nesgovoroff

Solo mode slopes are bad

Postby nesgovoroff » Mon May 09, 2022 10:11 pm

Hi ThreeBodyTech,
Let me congratulate you with great product and thank you for being a listener!

I'd like to point for some strange behavior of solo listen of the band. When I push the "headphones" button, I can hear band in solo, but it nearly depends of the slope and the Q. I can still hear other frequencies. Quite a lot, actually. In fact, when I hit this button, I want to abstract of everything else and listen the narrow band, and size of this band I choose with Q. For example, I need to hear narrow resonance, instead I hear everything else too. It's not precise and it hurts. It's hard to work like that. Maybe you could add some option to regulate curve and slope of solo mode? Or add option "Solo follows Q" or something.
It would be most appreciated. Only this stops me and many of my coworkers using this eq in regular basis.
Everything else is quite good!
Please, look into this.
Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Solo mode slopes are bad

Postby admin » Tue May 10, 2022 11:58 am

nesgovoroff wrote:Hi ThreeBodyTech,
Let me congratulate you with great product and thank you for being a listener!

I'd like to point for some strange behavior of solo listen of the band. When I push the "headphones" button, I can hear band in solo, but it nearly depends of the slope and the Q. I can still hear other frequencies. Quite a lot, actually. In fact, when I hit this button, I want to abstract of everything else and listen the narrow band, and size of this band I choose with Q. For example, I need to hear narrow resonance, instead I hear everything else too. It's not precise and it hurts. It's hard to work like that. Maybe you could add some option to regulate curve and slope of solo mode? Or add option "Solo follows Q" or something.
It would be most appreciated. Only this stops me and many of my coworkers using this eq in regular basis.
Everything else is quite good!
Please, look into this.
Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you very much for your support and the valuable suggestion!
This one makes many sense and we will definitely look into it! :)
nesgovoroff

Postby nesgovoroff » Tue May 10, 2022 3:38 pm

If I may, i'd like to show what I mean. On example of most popular eq (no names, right?), i've make a picture with Plugin Doctor, explaining what I meant. Upper is the "other" eq, lower is Kirchhoff. In PluginDoctor is the same: Upper is other eq, lower is Kirchhoff. I'll make exactly the same settings on both eq. Its curves quite different, but its not about this. Its about what I can hear in solo mode.
Just look at the picture, try to repeat the settings, click solo for the band and listen. Then try to narrow Q and listen again. What you'll hear will be quite different. I just want to be understood. Thanks!
[img]USING_SOLO.jpg[/img]
Attachments
USING_SOLO.jpg
USING_SOLO.jpg (326.05 KiB) Viewed 4571 times
nesgovoroff

Postby nesgovoroff » Sun May 22, 2022 9:02 pm

Hi, are you there?
Do you plan to look into this?
When next release will be available?
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon May 23, 2022 11:36 am

nesgovoroff wrote:Hi, are you there?
Do you plan to look into this?
When next release will be available?

Hi nesgovoroff,

Thank you so much for the additional description! We can completely understand your request.

Your suggestion has been well noted. As I said we will look into it. :)
We keep receiving plenty of requests every day. There are so many features worth to polish as we won't stop making Kirchhoff-EQ a better product.
It will take some time to make all of them happen so we hope to have your understanding.

We appreciate your patience!
nesgovoroff

Postby nesgovoroff » Mon May 23, 2022 12:35 pm

Glad to hear, thank you!

Return to “Suggestions”