Frequency masking indicator

CoEl

Frequency masking indicator

Postby CoEl » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:28 am

[I'm sorry if this has already been suggested: I searched the forum for "frequency", "clash" and "masking" but the Search dialogue said these words were too common to produce results.]

Kirchhoff is awesome. I sold ProQ3 because this is better in every way, except for one — when ProQ3 is on more than one track, the plugin instances "talk" to each other, and can warn you about possible clashes with a vertical red stripe of variable intensity on the affected band(s). It's not the only EQ that does this. For example, Izotope's Neutron has always had this feature.

Could you add a frequency-masking warning to Kirchhoff, please? It's especially good when masking alerts can be given context by the user: e.g. I select the Bass and Kick channels, and the plugin display can show me the clashes for just these tracks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Frequency masking indicator

Postby admin » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:27 am

CoEl wrote:[I'm sorry if this has already been suggested: I searched the forum for "frequency", "clash" and "masking" but the Search dialogue said these words were too common to produce results.]

Kirchhoff is awesome. I sold ProQ3 because this is better in every way, except for one — when ProQ3 is on more than one track, the plugin instances "talk" to each other, and can warn you about possible clashes with a vertical red stripe of variable intensity on the affected band(s). It's not the only EQ that does this. For example, Izotope's Neutron has always had this feature.

Could you add a frequency-masking warning to Kirchhoff, please? It's especially good when masking alerts can be given context by the user: e.g. I select the Bass and Kick channels, and the plugin display can show me the clashes for just these tracks.

Hi CoEl,

Thank you very much for the valuable suggestions!

We are aware of that users are still expecting more useful features to be added into Kirchhoff-EQ.
Actually those are some of the most requested features on our list. So yes, we will try to make them happen in the future but it will need some time.

We appreciate your contribution to Kirchhoff and your patience! :P
headspace

Postby headspace » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:50 pm

admin wrote:
CoEl wrote:[I'm sorry if this has already been suggested: I searched the forum for "frequency", "clash" and "masking" but the Search dialogue said these words were too common to produce results.]

Hi CoEl,

Thank you very much for the valuable suggestions!

We are aware of that users are still expecting more useful features to be added into Kirchhoff-EQ.
Actually those are some of the most requested features on our list. So yes, we will try to make them happen in the future but it will need some time.

We appreciate your contribution to Kirchhoff and your patience! :P

I have been loving Kirchhoff myself after buying it a few months ago and this is one of the only additions/changes i can think of to make it better. This post is almost a year old right now though and i was just wondering if new features like this are still being looked into/worked on. Still very satisfied with how the plugin is today but this would be super exciting to have aswell.
Wojciech_Te

Postby Wojciech_Te » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:00 pm

Any progress with that feature? Simply displaying spectrums from different channels in a single plugin instance will do - just like in Voxengo Span.

Return to “Suggestions”