Installation difficulty on Mac

AndrewBillings

Installation difficulty on Mac

Postby AndrewBillings » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:32 am

I am running a Mac on Mojave version 10.14.6. I am having a hard time installing. I have made it as far as being told that the Machine ID is verified and I am prompted to click for my Authorization Key. When I attempt to open the file that is downloaded when clicking the authorization key I am presented with this message and I do not know how to proceed. I could not find anyone in the forums who has had the same issue.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation difficulty on Mac

Postby admin » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:27 am

AndrewBillings wrote:I am running a Mac on Mojave version 10.14.6. I am having a hard time installing. I have made it as far as being told that the Machine ID is verified and I am prompted to click for my Authorization Key. When I attempt to open the file that is downloaded when clicking the authorization key I am presented with this message and I do not know how to proceed. I could not find anyone in the forums who has had the same issue.

Hi, Could you kindly send a screenshot to us, via email, please refer below address:
support@threebodytech.com
Zombie

Postby Zombie » Mon May 25, 2020 12:54 am

I've been using macOS Sierra (version 10.12.6) for more than some years, I purchased your heavier 7 strings products months ago. When I installed it I got the defaults places on where to stash the samples and the product itself. I went to GarageBand to activate this and put the serial number in and everything went smooth except one thing. It said it needed the samples. So I looked and search for where they'd regularly would be found andthey were easily located. but the "Backup rollback directory" was said to be...........
Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 2.58.12 AM.png
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon May 25, 2020 3:28 am

Zombie wrote:I've been using macOS Sierra (version 10.12.6) for more than some years, I purchased your heavier 7 strings products months ago. When I installed it I got the defaults places on where to stash the samples and the product itself. I went to GarageBand to activate this and put the serial number in and everything went smooth except one thing. It said it needed the samples. So I looked and search for where they'd regularly would be found andthey were easily located. but the "Backup rollback directory" was said to be...........Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 2.58.12 AM.png

Hi,This is caused by GarageBand using sandbox that prevents us visiting our configuration directory.

Please copy "presets", "effect_presets" and "loops" directories, from "/Users/(your name)/Library/ThreeBodyTech/Heavier7Strings" to "/Users/(your name)/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10/Data/Library/ThreeBodyTech/Heavier7Strings".

This should work, let us know if you succeed.
Zombie

Postby Zombie » Tue May 26, 2020 7:43 am

admin wrote:
Zombie wrote:I've been using macOS Sierra (version 10.12.6) for more than some years, I purchased your heavier 7 strings products months ago. When I installed it I got the defaults places on where to stash the samples and the product itself. I went to GarageBand to activate this and put the serial number in and everything went smooth except one thing. It said it needed the samples. So I looked and search for where they'd regularly would be found andthey were easily located. but the "Backup rollback directory" was said to be...........Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 2.58.12 AM.png

Hi,This is caused by GarageBand using sandbox that prevents us visiting our configuration directory.

Please copy "presets", "effect_presets" and "loops" directories, from "/Users/(your name)/Library/ThreeBodyTech/Heavier7Strings" to "/Users/(your name)/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10/Data/Library/ThreeBodyTech/Heavier7Strings".

May I ask for a video Showing these instructions put into action please?
Zombie

Postby Zombie » Sun May 31, 2020 5:02 am

admin wrote:

I've attempted to look for these places and most of them never appeared
Zombie

Postby Zombie » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:30 am

This was all that's there....
Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 12.28.25 AM.png
No library folder after, "(your Name)."
Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 12.28.25 AM.png (330.21 KiB) Viewed 9584 times
Zombie

Postby Zombie » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:12 am

I tried to install after what you said to do and this happened.....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 3.01.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 3.01.52 AM.png (672.87 KiB) Viewed 9512 times
Zombie

Postby Zombie » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:13 am

I looked for the "ThreeBodyTech" folder as well and........
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 3.02.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 3.02.36 AM.png (395.61 KiB) Viewed 9512 times
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:01 am

Zombie wrote:
admin wrote:

I've attempted to look for these places and most of them never appeared

The Library path in your home folder is hidden. You need to press meta+shift+G to pop up "Go To" dialog, then type in that path manually.

Return to “Installation and Activation”