Cubase 12

yonibloch

Cubase 12

Postby yonibloch » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:06 pm

Hi-- trying to install the MacOS arm64 version on my MacBook Pro M1 Max.
The AU version loads fine in Logic, but in Cubase 12 it doesn't load.
In the plug-in manager it shows both the VST2 and VST3 version as "blocklisted" and the comment is "Unsupported Artchit"
Anyone knows what to do?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Cubase 12

Postby admin » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:27 am

yonibloch wrote:Hi-- trying to install the MacOS arm64 version on my MacBook Pro M1 Max.
The AU version loads fine in Logic, but in Cubase 12 it doesn't load.
In the plug-in manager it shows both the VST2 and VST3 version as "blocklisted" and the comment is "Unsupported Artchit"
Anyone knows what to do?

Hello yonibloch,

Thank you very much for your interest in Kirchhoff-EQ!

The plugin is compatible with Cubase 12. Looks like the DAW failed to recognize Kirchhoff.
Here is a solution that might help:
1. Right-click on Cubase 12 app, select "open using Rosetta".
2. Run Cubase 12 in Rosetta, then quit Cubase 12.
3. Right-click on Cubase 12 app, deselect "open using Rosetta".
4. Run Cubase 12 in M1 native.

Hope this will help you!
yonibloch

Postby yonibloch » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:21 pm

That worked-- thank you!
bkohagen

Postby bkohagen » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:45 am

I was hopeful this would resolve my Wavelab issue, but it didn't.

I can see the EQ plugin if I launch in Rosetta mode, but not in Native M1 mode... it says it installed the VST3 file, it's in the VST3 folder... but it ends up in the ignored list unless I launch in Rosetta... works great is Logic, Protools, Premier, etc... but no luck in Wavelab??

Help?

Thanks,
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:11 am

bkohagen wrote:I was hopeful this would resolve my Wavelab issue, but it didn't.

I can see the EQ plugin if I launch in Rosetta mode, but not in Native M1 mode... it says it installed the VST3 file, it's in the VST3 folder... but it ends up in the ignored list unless I launch in Rosetta... works great is Logic, Protools, Premier, etc... but no luck in Wavelab??

Help?

Thanks,

Hello,

Do you use all the DAW's in native mode? If so, please install the "MacOS arm64" version which supports M1 chip natively.
The "MacOS" version is for Intel/x86 so it needs the DAW in Rosetta.

To download the arm64 installer, please login to the account system: https://my.threebodytech.com/
Select Effects > Kirchhoff-EQ > Installer > select the system as "MacOS arm64" to obtain the download link.

Hope this will help. If you have any further question please feel free to let us know.
bkohagen

Postby bkohagen » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:37 pm

Ok that finally worked... I had to uninstall the old version, boot into Rosetta, rescan all the plugins, then quite shut off the Rosetta boot, and then it finally came up.

Might I suggest that you label the versions more clearly on your downloads/installation page to indicate which version is for M1 only and which isn't, I just picked the first option and even looking at the descriptions it's not real clear... not everyone speaks tech geek and knows that ARM64 means the new M1 chips for native mode.

Thanks,

Brian
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:51 am

bkohagen wrote:Ok that finally worked... I had to uninstall the old version, boot into Rosetta, rescan all the plugins, then quite shut off the Rosetta boot, and then it finally came up.

Might I suggest that you label the versions more clearly on your downloads/installation page to indicate which version is for M1 only and which isn't, I just picked the first option and even looking at the descriptions it's not real clear... not everyone speaks tech geek and knows that ARM64 means the new M1 chips for native mode.

Thanks,

Brian

Dear Brian,

Sorry for causing you confusion.
We have made the change. A more notable tip will be added to the download page.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Hope you enjoy Kirchhoff-EQ!

Return to “Installation and Activation”