Vibrato - can't get it to work

sadvader

Vibrato - can't get it to work

Postby sadvader » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:55 am

Hi,
first of all, I'm not a pro. I'm using Heavier7Strings as VST in FL-Studio 12.5 and I've been struggling to wrap my head around automation for years and years. So please bear with me asking the most obvious things here.

Can vibrato be controlled with Midi CC #1? Isn't that one the wheel on the keyboard?

If I automate cc #1 nothing happens.

If I automate cc #18 (depth) nothing happens either. What does R. T. mean?

If I automate the vibrato speed nothing happens.

Even If I automate each of the three at the same time there is no vibrato. The wheel does move though.
Is there a way to use a keyswitch in order to put vibrato active so you only need to automate speed and depth?

Is it correct that the pressure cc which is connected to palm mute is not required to perform vibrato?

Last one: How do I automate channel pressure?

Thanks in advance for any helpful comment! :oops:
admin
Site Admin

Re: Vibrato - can't get it to work

Postby admin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:49 am

Hi,

No worries. Hope you'll find help from the answers below. Let us know if you have any further questions. We're glad to help you!

1. Can vibrato be controlled with Midi CC #1? Isn't that one the wheel on the keyboard?
Yes, it is the wheel on keyboard and vibrato can be controlled with Midi CC #1. But, by default CC #1 is control open and mute. If you want to adjust it, see attached photo 1 and 2, please.
photo 1.png
photo 1.png (694.71 KiB) Viewed 5239 times

photo 2.png
photo 2.png (694.26 KiB) Viewed 5239 times

2. If I automate cc #1 nothing happens.
When CC #1 is set to appropriate value, it can control open and mute.

3. If I automate cc #18 (depth) nothing happens either. What does R. T. mean?
It’s acutally A.T. not R.T., which stands for “after touch”, when you adjust CC #18, you need to adjust after touch to make it work.

4. If I automate the vibrato speed nothing happens.
Speed is the same as depth, which is parameter for setting vibrato. You need to adjust “after touch” to set vibrato.

5. Even If I automate each of the three at the same time there is no vibrato. The wheel does move though.
Is there a way to use a keyswitch in order to put vibrato active so you only need to automate speed and depth?

Currently vibrato can’t be controlled by keyswitch. Speed is used for setting the speed of vibrato, depth is used for setting the maxium valut of bending. You need to adjust vib.cc to set vibrato (by defalut is A.T.)

6. Is it correct that the pressure cc which is connected to palm mute is not required to perform vibrato?
Pressure cc is used for setting the level of mute, which is different from muting cc. We have different ways of controlling pressure, see attached photo 3.
photo 3.png
photo 3.png (712.85 KiB) Viewed 5239 times

7. How do I automate channel pressure?
For some host, channel pressure is after touch, you can create vibrato just like the way in attached photo 4.
photo 4.png
photo 4.png (413.96 KiB) Viewed 5239 times

Return to “Questions”