How do we assign patterns to keyswitches?

vastman

How do we assign patterns to keyswitches?

Postby vastman » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:58 pm

Such a basic function yet must be hidden in manual... should do a youtube on this and other features...

If you can't do this, BIG PROBLEM! Basic function!!!

Please explain keyswitching assignments that are possible, how many patterns can be assigned, how, and more!
TBT_E

Re: How do we assign patterns to keyswitches?

Postby TBT_E » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi,vastman!The main function of our patterns module is to select the stored presets and use them by dragging into the track.If you want it work like virtual guitarist’s loop function.I’m afraid that there will be some more work to do with it.And now we’re working on our update version v1.1.
To your suggestion,we’ll consider to add it into the next version v1.2.And it will be released in the near future.
vastman

Postby vastman » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Pleeeeze do! This is a basic function in all guitar libraries... I own several dozens! The ability to change riffs /patters on the fly, while playing, is critical for the way many of us play /write!

Personally, while I appreciate drag and drop, it is way less users friendly, less creative, and far more work than sitting down, setting up several patterns on Keyswitches, and just playing... Moving to a new pattern and back and forth to build a unique song in real time.

I know of NO OTHER VST that doesn't do this! Orange Tree guitars has vids on this. I'll send links later when I'm not mobile.

I really love your TBT patterns and sound and bought it immediately to support a young innovative company but haven't even downloaded it yet (been busy) and now I'm frustrated.

Will have to post this on forums to let folks know...it's gonna become a big issue, believe me!
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:15 am

vastman wrote:Pleeeeze do! This is a basic function in all guitar libraries... I own several dozens! The ability to change riffs /patters on the fly, while playing, is critical for the way many of us play /write!

Personally, while I appreciate drag and drop, it is way less users friendly, less creative, and far more work than sitting down, setting up several patterns on Keyswitches, and just playing... Moving to a new pattern and back and forth to build a unique song in real time.

I know of NO OTHER VST that doesn't do this! Orange Tree guitars has vids on this. I'll send links later when I'm not mobile.

I really love your TBT patterns and sound and bought it immediately to support a young innovative company but haven't even downloaded it yet (been busy) and now I'm frustrated.

Will have to post this on forums to let folks know...it's gonna become a big issue, believe me!

Dear Vastman,

We appreciate your comments on Heavier7Strings sound quality and how you support a new company like us. And we also very care about your criticism. We can ensure you that we were thinking about this issue all the time these day since you left messages because we think it is of great importance. Although Heavier7Strings has earned lots of favorable reviews, we still feel dejected since we received your messages. For almost a whole week, we were thinking that in which way we reply you would be better. We wish we could say “Oh yea, dear Vastman! We have this feature!” or at least “this feature will be there in V1.1...”

Actually, we have already set out to develop the V1.1 which mainly optimizes the efficiency and fixes remaining bugs before the official release of H7S. After the release, emails from users worldwide spilt into our mailbox. We were so excited to see their enthusiasm and meanwhile, we received many sincere suggestions. So we decided to add 2 most requested features: “pitch” and “muting pressure” in H7S. Of course we treasure your idea, either! But we have to say sorry that we have no approach to include the feature you asked in V1.1 right now. Please be assured that we won’t ignore any user’s voice. Depending on this, we will show you our following progress and plans in terms of the issue you raised in details:

Frankly speaking, not every guitar virtual instrument has the feature you mentioned, like some famous libraries: Shreddage, V-metal, Ministry of Rock and etc. They do not even have a pattern library, let alone map any patterns to the key that you can trigger. We, as computer music lovers, seldom have such request on a certain virtual instrument when we compose music. As we have such request, we will choose Ableton Live to assist our work. When we were designing patterns, what we wanted was to make it as a feature for broswering presets and inspiration, not an arrangement tool like an arranger keyboard. For this purpose, we emphasized the seamless switch on/off of effects rack in terms of patterns interface. While for patterns itself, we only used the simple midi messages. This is why till now we still can hardly adjust the patterns interface to reach your request temporarily. If patterns limitedly include strumming, you can try various chords via keyboard. Heavier7Strings has the chord detection feature, it is easy to modify the pitch of strumming according to the chords. While the pattern library has owned large numbers of melodic clips. Even though we impose to switch chords, the result would not appear that good, neither.

Besides, we acquiesce the effects rack of each patterns is different. When you switch one patterns, its corresponding effects rack will change, either. Even though we add the feature that using keys to map patterns, it can not possibly fullfill your expectation.

Depending on these reasons, it is very difficult for us to adjust the patterns on a large scale in V1.1. Even in the updates in the future, we can hardly satisfy your request though adjusting patterns part.But don’t feel upset, as we mentioned above, we won’t give up any users. Now that we can’t get through what you want by modifying it, we decide to make it anew! In the following version, we plan to bring users a brand new Rhythmer window. Although we haven’t set all the specific details down, we think it will satisfy your request.

After the release of V1.1, two of us will take charge of fixing bugs of V1.1. The other team members will work on the development of V1.2. During our original schedule, the V1.2 will center on the new effects. But now we decide to give priority to your request. Therefore, except our original development plan, all of us will put Rhythmer as the top priority. Please be assured that we are not the companies which need several years to update their products. Our update is of high frequency. In consideration that Rhythmer needs to start anew, it will take about two months to finish. Before this, we sincerely hope you can try more other features in Heavier7Strings. Also, if you could provide us some more details about that how this feature being designed will satisfy your request, that would be quite better. You can leave messages in this post or you can send us emails(support@threebodytech.com). We promise we will read it, think about it and try to offer you a satisfying feature! Thanks again!

Three-Body Technology
vastman

Postby vastman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:07 am

That was the most well thought out response I could have dreamed about... Thank you very much. I am very impressed!

I will post your response in the forums where I raised this issue... You have shown that you are a very thoughtful and considerate bunch of folks and I DO want you to flourish!

I if you take a look at orange tree guitars you'll see how simply it can be laid out... What like about assigning "rhythms" to key switches is you can shift between patterns in a batista of places and quickly back and forth, making totally unique verses /choruses more like a real player. The combinations become endless!

Thanks again for your words... I am very impressed!
vastman

Postby vastman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:07 am

I will spend some time laying out my thoughts and ideas. Currently I'm involved in helping my 90 yr old mom so dont have much DAW time but will definately give implementation some time and send you my thoughts.

Thanks again! You and your team are really great and have earned my deepest respect!
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:17 am

vastman wrote:I will spend some time laying out my thoughts and ideas. Currently I'm involved in helping my 90 yr old mom so dont have much DAW time but will definately give implementation some time and send you my thoughts.

Thanks again! You and your team are really great and have earned my deepest respect!

Thanks for your approval! :D And look forward to your feedback!
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:11 am

vastman wrote:I will spend some time laying out my thoughts and ideas. Currently I'm involved in helping my 90 yr old mom so dont have much DAW time but will definately give implementation some time and send you my thoughts.

Besides, we will definitely buy the product of Orange Tree guitars and see how it works!
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:40 am

Here’s the good news. Currently the new features we mentioned are under development. There is a group of staff working on it specifically apart from the other update matter. Please keep patient and we’ll bring it soon~ :D
AdeyMagus

Postby AdeyMagus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:33 am

I’m a bit late to the party but I agree with everything that Vastman wrote. However, I would add the following...

1/ Currently the patterns you have have no indication of the Key in which they were programmed. I would add this. Key of E. Key of A etc.
2/ I would add the ability to transpose the Key, either live via key switches or with a drop-down menu, so if one is working on a song in E but you have a pattern programmed in A, it can be transposed to A either on the fly or with a click or two before dragging it into the host.
3/ I would add the facility to 'switch off' the loading of the Amp Effects with the pattern. At the moment, if mixing patterns the Amp effects keep changing. Let the user load a pattern, with Amp effects, and then add more patterns without the Amp effects changing.

Just my thoughts.

A

Return to “Questions”