Export Guitar pro to MIDI with articulations for H7S

rosesbyrosex

Export Guitar pro to MIDI with articulations for H7S

Postby rosesbyrosex » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:53 am

Hello, maybe this is a noob question, but i need to export my guitar pro songs to midi and import in my DAW, i can do it, but i do not get articulations (palmutes, slides....) working in my DAW, so i program palm mutes in guitar pro with velocity (dynamics: ppp,,pp, p, mp, mf, f, ff) but is really time-consuming.
If not possible to export articulations in Guitar Pro, does anyone knows a software that does?, i'll buy it for sure.
Alvsvartr

Re: Export Guitar pro to MIDI with articulations for H7S

Postby Alvsvartr » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:39 am

Same issue here. I think it's the problem of GP7. When I've used GP 5 (OMG how long ago it was) every articulation also was active in Cubase.
All I can suggest - to make articulations in your daw by hands.
DarkFlameSquirrel

Postby DarkFlameSquirrel » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:42 pm

I think the only VSTi guitar on the market that currently has compatibility with guitar pro files is Ample Metal Eclipse. However, I don't know how well it performs in that department. If I understand correctly: most, if not all VSTi guitars aren't built with Guitar Pro data in mind because most people purchasing these products create things from scratch in the DAW rather than in GP. It also doesn't help that Guitar Pro data is limited in scope compared to MIDI data you create in your DAW because of the lack of a standard layout for articulation switching.

If you use Reaper, I recommend experimenting with scripts and seeing what works for you to more efficiently edit GP MIDI to be compatible with H7S. Theres some neat ones out there.
Reaper | VSTi Metal Producer | Sing Synth user

YouTube | Soundcloud | Twitter
Alvsvartr

Postby Alvsvartr » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:24 pm

rosesbyrosex

Postby rosesbyrosex » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:36 am

The pitch bend articulation worked well, but how to get working the other ones,
does guitar pro export data in other midi cc changes, not by deafult in H7s?
rosesbyrosex

Postby rosesbyrosex » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:38 am

DarkFlameSquirrel wrote:I think the only VSTi guitar on the market that currently has compatibility with guitar pro files is Ample Metal Eclipse. However, I don't know how well it performs in that department. If I understand correctly: most, if not all VSTi guitars aren't built with Guitar Pro data in mind because most people purchasing these products create things from scratch in the DAW rather than in GP. It also doesn't help that Guitar Pro data is limited in scope compared to MIDI data you create in your DAW because of the lack of a standard layout for articulation switching.

If you use Reaper, I recommend experimenting with scripts and seeing what works for you to more efficiently edit GP MIDI to be compatible with H7S. Theres some neat ones out there.

I did use tab player by ample sound it's ok but won't work to me as it only let you work with 1 tab at time. I work the full album on the same project

Return to “Questions”