Error in the English manual?

Vern

Error in the English manual?

Postby Vern » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:24 pm

I'm looking at section 6.2, multi-note trigger performances. It seems like there's a translation error here (I've highlighted the words in question in red):

Besides playing chords,
Heavier7S trings use some fixed pitch combination to trigger specific performances. In later part of this section, these combinations are written on relative pitch intervals, and the do refers to the “target” or “affecting” pitch.
Slide-in
Pressing the keys si and do will make the note played in attack-up performance,
Heavier7Strings User Manual Chapter 6 Performance Control
TBTECH Co. Ltd. 16
which is a slight slide-up suddenly after strike on string.
Release
Pressing the keys f a , sol , la , si and do triggers an immediate stop on these notes’ left edge. This note combination works same with pressing release key whose function is modulated by velocity value. See section 6.7 for details.
Slide FX
Pressing the keys do , re , mi and fa triggers slide FX performance, and it will trigger different slide FX samples by different velocity value. This is same with pressing slide FX key described in section 0.
Feedback
Pressing the keys d o , # do , re and #re triggers feedback performance, and it will trigger different feedback samples by different velocity value. This is same with pressing the feedback key that is described in section 0.

I can't figure out what keys on the piano roll/controller these are supposed to represent.
TBT_Cybele

Re: Error in the English manual?

Postby TBT_Cybele » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:48 am

Thanks for your question!
First, these words are syllable names. Performance trigger depends on specific pitch interval relation among random four keys, not four keys of certain pitch, so we use syllable names rather than pitch names. For instance, if we want to trigger feedback performance, we can press C, #C, D, #D simultaneously, E, F, #F, G, or #G, A, #A, B.
Hope our reply do help you.
If you have any questions, please let us know!

Return to “Questions”