[Pending] [Request] Control For Double Tracking Stereo Pan and and True Dobling Level?

rosesbyrosex

[Pending] [Request] Control For Double Tracking Stereo Pan and and True Dobling Level?

Postby rosesbyrosex » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:11 pm

As talked here: http://forums.threebodytech.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59&p=509#p509 , some users said:

Tremendouz wrote:
rosesbyrosex wrote:
DarkFlameSquirrel wrote:Any chance the output panning can be fixed too? Guitar libraries typically output in mono, so that way they can be panned to the user's liking. Pre-panned DI's causes quality issues.

do you mean you want to control how much every guitar is panned when using double tracking?

I'm pretty sure he means that. Now the double tracking is 100% left/right but sometimes 100% isn't optimal so it would be good if there were 2 mono outputs (not panned) that you could manually pan let's say 70% left/right.

Basically a knob to control the amount of stereo pan of the double tracking. As shown in the image above, the correct title of the control may not be PAN, maybe Stereo Pan Level or Doubling Width.

Also as you explain in H7S Website
threebodytech wrote:True doubling: two guitars playing simultaneously on left and right channel, each has individual random note delay and RR selection

Another Suggestion is:

A knob to set the random delay/foward RANGE of the strum start time in microseconds. (Level of randomization of the double tracking) as shown on the image below.

with "foward" i mean the opposite of delay, because in real life notes not are always delayed, somethimes the real note is played some microseconds before the ideal time. delay/foward it's like saying plus/minus.

I suggest this because more users want to have a total control of the guitar performance, and this is a step to achieve that.

Ecuation :
Humanized start time = Ideal start time ± random delay/foward for each guitar.

With this to new features implemented you will offer H7S users a fully customizable double tracking model, i mean that's all you can control in double tracking.
Resume:
  • Stereo Pan
  • strum start time randomization

NOTE: BE CAREFUL, DO NOT CONFUSE
STRUM START TIME WITH STRUM SPEED
THE STRUM SPEED IS THE SAME FOR BOTH GUITARs IN DOUBLE TRACKING, BUT THE STRUM START SPEED MUST BE DIFFERENT IN BOTH GUITARS.
Last edited by rosesbyrosex on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
jiandingzhe

Re: Control For Double Tracking Stereo Pan and and True Dobling Level?

Postby jiandingzhe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:47 am

For the doubling stereo pan, we provided channel pairs for each of the doubling guitars, so maybe you can directly use them to mix as you wish.

For the doubling level, this is a reasonable suggestion. We will consider to add it in some future update.
rosesbyrosex

Postby rosesbyrosex » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:47 am

jiandingzhe wrote:For the doubling stereo pan, we provided channel pairs for each of the doubling guitars, so maybe you can directly use them to mix as you wish.

Cool, that's a better way.

jiandingzhe wrote:For the doubling level, this is a reasonable suggestion. We will consider to add it in some future update.

Good to know that, thank you very much
jiandingzhe

Postby jiandingzhe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:14 am

rosesbyrosex wrote:
jiandingzhe wrote:For the doubling stereo pan, we provided channel pairs for each of the doubling guitars, so maybe you can directly use them to mix as you wish.

Cool, that's a better way.

jiandingzhe wrote:For the doubling level, this is a reasonable suggestion. We will consider to add it in some future update.

Good to know that, thank you very much

By the way, your UI design is pretty good, so that we may directly use it :D
DarkFlameSquirrel

Postby DarkFlameSquirrel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:50 am

The panning knob is cool and all, but I GREATLY prefer for the guitar tracks to output MONO so I can further customize the DI's from my daw. Shreddage guitars, RealLPC, V-Metal, etc... every other electric guitar library does this. It's practically standard. The way H7S has it layed out right now is sort of strange. Not bad, but not what VSTi guitar users are used to. 100% left and right is way too presumptuous. Maybe we want to throw in lead parts panned ~20-30 L and R. Maybe we only want to pan the rhythm sections 80 L and R. Especially when you want it to sound good in the car stereo because you lose some definition when you just pan it all the way :)
Reaper | VSTi Metal Producer | Sing Synth user

YouTube | Soundcloud | Twitter
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:26 am

1.For MONO, you can choose an audio channel from mapping, then send it to a MONO track.
2.If you want to adjust doubling, after turn doubling on, you can send left and right channel to 2 MONO audio tracks in order to set different panning, see photo for reaper setting and other settings.
1.png
1.png (596.79 KiB) Viewed 13051 times

2.png
2.png (613.34 KiB) Viewed 13051 times

In these 3 outputs, H7S master is real stereo, H7S left and righ are fake “stereo”, only one of the channels has sound in either left or right, so send either one of them to MONO chaneel would get MONO output.
3.png
3.png (48.88 KiB) Viewed 13051 times

4.png
4.png (24.81 KiB) Viewed 13051 times

5.png
5.png (44.03 KiB) Viewed 13051 times
DarkFlameSquirrel

Postby DarkFlameSquirrel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:06 pm

admin wrote:1.For MONO, you can choose an audio channel from mapping, then send it to a MONO track.
2.If you want to adjust doubling, after turn doubling on, you can send left and right channel to 2 MONO audio tracks in order to set different panning, see photo for reaper setting and other settings.
1.png
2.png
In these 3 outputs, H7S master is real stereo, H7S left and righ are fake “stereo”, only one of the channels has sound in either left or right, so send either one of them to MONO chaneel would get MONO output.
3.png
4.png
5.png

I use FL Studio... :b

rosesbyrosex

Postby rosesbyrosex » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:29 pm

DarkFlameSquirrel wrote:I use FL Studio... :b

Just use route the channels you need in FL Studio

DarkFlameSquirrel

Postby DarkFlameSquirrel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Don't think it's the routing. It's the fact that the signals are pre-panned. I want them to output mono, the way Shreddage 2 does multitracking. It sounds bad when I pan H7S double tracked. I don't feel like I'm making any sense anymore. I will have to record a screen video later when I get home.

Edit: maybe reaper has more options in that department. D'oh! Either way, I will still record a video.

rosesbyrosex

Postby rosesbyrosex » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:23 pm

DarkFlameSquirrel wrote:Routing is not the issue. It's the fact that the signals are pre-panned. I want them to output mono, the way Shreddage 2 does multitracking. It sounds bad when I pan H7S double tracked. I don't feel like I'm making any sense anymore. I will have to record a screen video later when I get home.

mono means one channel

panned 100% means that's there is no paning, just two mono output on a estereo track, so guitars are not mixed, both guitar have their own pure channel.

When doubling you have two mono outputs, they merge into stereo LEFT/RIGHT, but is one mono output per guitar, if you want to get each guitar on it's own stereo channel just send each mono output from H7S to both channels of other tracks to make them dual mono/stereo. I can see what's wrong with the explanation.

Return to “Suggestions”