[Solved] Standalone and VST instances of H7S not sharing samples on RAM, a bug?

rosesbyrosex

[Solved] Standalone and VST instances of H7S not sharing samples on RAM, a bug?

Postby rosesbyrosex » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:03 pm

I realize some minutes ago that the standalone and VST versions of H7S don't share the same memory, i can load as many VST instances in my DAW the open very fast because the samples are loaded, but if i open the standalone .exe, the samples start loading again.

I want to do this because when i close my vst project and open a new one, don´t want to wait for the samples to load again, so i want to keep the standalone .exe open to keep the samples open even if i close the DAW or VST intances.
Last edited by rosesbyrosex on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
jiandingzhe

Re: BUG REPORT, standalone H7S instances not sharing the same memory with VST instances

Postby jiandingzhe » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:02 am

Yes, at current Heavier7Strings sample cache sharing only occurs within same process, for example, instances within same DAW host program. This is not a bug.

Inter-process memory sharing requires complexed software structure. You have to make a program or system manager service, and use semaphores and shared memories. This requires too much work for our current team size.

If you really needs inter-process memory sharing now, you may use Vienna Ensemble Pro which can host networked sound processing.

Return to “Suggestions”