Cabinetron Suggestions

MirrorProfiles

Cabinetron Suggestions

Postby MirrorProfiles » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:32 pm

Really excited to see a new product launch, just my initial thoughts:

- at least for macOS AAX, there is only a stereo version. a mono version is a must too
- having 8 slots available and visible at all times wastes a lot of screen space. IMO 4 is even too much, especially when there is so much ability to tweak each IR. The UI is VERY busy and I''d imagine in most cases, most blocks and features are not necessary to be visible
- the search should be able to find multiple words within a file name. If I have the file "3VH 412 TL - sm57 38.wav" and search "3VH"+"TL"+"sm57" I get zero results. The search would be much more powerful if it can search multiple words within a file name.
- It would be great to customise the UI to hide certain features that aren't required. I like the mutate and FRED features, but honestly, I just want to use my IR's as they were captured. The settings page offers a lot of customisations, so it would be cool to hide features we dont want to see.
- I'd rather have a simple fader/channelstrip type view for blending IR's than the octagon view. 4 slots is plenty IMO.
- having a series slot before the IR's would be awesome for loading custom impedance (or impedance compensation) IR's.
- it would be great to adjust the slope of the HP and LP filters on the channel slots.
- it would be great to be able to add more metadata information to each IR's, as well as the colour coded tags (which rule).
- it would be great to have a feature to support IR packs made from multiple positions from a speaker. This may require more direct dialog to explain
damagedoer

Re: Cabinetron Suggestions

Postby damagedoer » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:56 am

Hi, the plugin is a great all-rounder. I have some cool suggestions, though:

1. Please make the EQ more manageable - we need some more precision and information about each EQ-point/filter, i.e. the Q value. It's also essential to be able to switch on/off each EQ parameter, not only remove it. In FabFilter, for instance, when you click on a certain eq-point, a mini pop-up window appears with all knobs and information.

2. For those who are playing the guitar while searching the tone - maybe a feature that would circle between loaded IRs in some time frames without the need to grab the mouse and switch it.

3. A feature to give individual names to each added path with own IRs would be great - you often have them in different strangly named folders, with different sample rates, lenghts etc. If I had an opportunity to make my own names, it would make your plugin a real and useful Library for all of them.
damagedoer

Postby damagedoer » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:01 am

Oh, and clicking "Edit" every time I want to put a value with a keyboard is kinda outdated input-method.

It would be nice if I saw the value of a knob by hovering over it - you can accidentally change it if you have to click the knob to see what it's on. Or just put some clickable fields with numbers/values like people are used to :)
nedjeffery

Postby nedjeffery » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:12 am

Small Bug report (sorry I couldn't find a more appropriate place)

The Export IR menu is behind the EQ gui. so when you are on the EQ tab, the export menu is not visible.
nedjeffery

Postby nedjeffery » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:35 am

In the audio settings of the standalone application is an option for midi input. But there doesn't appear to be a way to assign MIDI controls for parameters. I would like to be able to use my MIDI footswitch to cycle through IRs in the standalone application.
nedjeffery

Postby nedjeffery » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:42 am

I would like the ability to reorder IRs. I.E. take the IR loaded in 1, drag it down to 3. IR 2 moves up to 1, IR 3 moves up to 2.
JGideon

Postby JGideon » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:14 am

I like Cabinetron a lot, but using percentages for the autogain function does not actually translate to real-world level matching. The more IRs that are active the quieter the overall level sounds, making it very difficult to judge whether you are improving upon the sound. I have to constantly adjust the master volume, which defeats the purpose of having autogain.

If you have access to Melda MCabineMB please observe how their autogain functions. It actually adjusts the level in real time as you solo or mute bands. That's the only way to accurately judge the sound.

Like others have mentioned, it would be nice to be able to hide bands you're not using and also have the ability to drag IRs from one band to another.

Return to “Suggestions”