DAW Fails to Insert Soft Synth

Larshus

DAW Fails to Insert Soft Synth

Postby Larshus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:15 am

I just recently purchased H7S. I am able to use the stand alone no problem, but when I attempt to use it as a soft synth in my DAW, I get an error message, "failed to insert soft syth". And then something about not being installed correctly.

I'm using Sonar X3, Win 7, 2 hard drives, 16 gigs ram, i7 processor, and presonus firestudio audio device.

I installed the software using the default paths. However, with the samples I installed on my larger 2nd hard drive. The program runs fine by itself in 32 or 64 bit mode.

Cakewalk recognizes the plugin. I verified the plugin dll were in my vstplugin folder. The path is x:\program files\vstplugins\Heavier7Strings(64).dll. Also, there is another dll called HeavierFX(64).dll.

At first I thought it might just be a permission issue. So, I ran Sonar with Administrative rights, but I'm still getting the same error message. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
jiandingzhe

Re: DAW Fails to Insert Soft Synth

Postby jiandingzhe » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:00 am

Hi Larshus:

We are going to test this issue, and we will further reply you as soon as we got a result.
jiandingzhe

Postby jiandingzhe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:04 am

This Monday we have reproduced this issue, it is exactly like what you describe. And we are working on solve this problem. However, we found the behavior of SONAR is pretty weird and hard to satisfy its demands. We may contact Cakewalk for their technical details. Anyhow we will continue to inform you the progress of this work.
jiandingzhe

Postby jiandingzhe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 am

We have made a special version for SONAR X3. Please download this plugin DLL file:

http://heavier7strings-file-store.oss-e ... onarX3.dll

This is a workaround that would made SONAR recognize Heavier7Strings as a audio effect plugin. We have known that some other version of SONAR would refuse Heavier7Strings to render sound as a virtual instrument.
Larshus

Postby Larshus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:16 pm

Great, I'll try it out when I get home tonight and let you know. Thanks for your effort.
Larshus

Postby Larshus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:01 am

OK, I tried the new dll. I'm still getting the same message. I may need guidance on how to install this. This is what I did...At first I just put the new dll in the same folder and rescanned with the Sonar plugin manager. Sonar didn't recognize the new one and still pointed to the old one. So, I removed the old one from the folder and renamed the new to what the old one was named. Sonar recognized it. But, upon trying to insert a soft synth I still got the same message.

Is there a particular way I should install it?
jiandingzhe

Postby jiandingzhe » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Larshus wrote:OK, I tried the new dll. I'm still getting the same message. I may need guidance on how to install this. This is what I did...At first I just put the new dll in the same folder and rescanned with the Sonar plugin manager. Sonar didn't recognize the new one and still pointed to the old one. So, I removed the old one from the folder and renamed the new to what the old one was named. Sonar recognized it. But, upon trying to insert a soft synth I still got the same message.

Is there a particular way I should install it?

I made some screenshots, please follow these steps:

1: remove old Heavier7Strings(64).dll in your plugin directory, then copy the special version of Heavier7Strings.dll to there.

2: run SONAR X3, open preferences window.
1.png
1.png (57.85 KiB) Viewed 15364 times

3: go to VST Settings page, reset VST configurations.
2.png
2.png (26.67 KiB) Viewed 15364 times

4: now Heavier7Strings should be usable as a effect plugin. Firstly create an audio track:
3.png
3.png (39.44 KiB) Viewed 15364 times

5: in FX panel, click the "+" button on top right corner, then select Audio FX - VST2 - Heavier7Strings. It should be plugged in.
4.png
4.png (55.68 KiB) Viewed 15364 times
Larshus

Postby Larshus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:24 am

Great, that worked. I guess the key was to load it as an audio effect first. It didn't show up as soft synth I could insert until after loading as an audio effect.

Thanks again.
Lesliehieno

-

Postby Lesliehieno » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:06 pm

What Im really looking for is a soft synth for a computer that has really good trance/techno capabilities and a built in sequencer that I can work on all the tracks from my computer

anyone know?
Attachments
30.gif
30.gif (8.72 KiB) Viewed 7662 times
Создание и продвижение сайтов. Большой опыт работы по созданию и продвижению сайтов https://seo-runs.ru

Return to “Installation and Activation”